Build date: 6-Jul-16
You can now edit invoice purchase order numbers, project names and invoice dates in the DataViewer. Manager or higher credentials are required to make these changes.
To edit invoice purchase order numbers, project names and invoice dates, follow these steps:
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the Maintain menu, click DataViewer.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- On the Invoices tab, on the View tab, specify the search criteria for the invoices you want to edit, and then click Get Data.
- Make your changes any of the following invoice values:
- Transaction date and time (DateTime)
- Purchase order number or memo (PO_Number)
- Project name (Project)
- Click Save, and close the DataViewer.
If you change the date and time value (DateTime), a note is added to the original invoice about the change including the original date, when it was changed, and what employee made the change.
Note: In the next general release, notes about changes to the purchase order number or project name will also appear on the invoice.
Warning: Changes to the invoice DateTime value (transaction date and time) can cause accounting complications, such as:
- Comparative Revenue report values for reports created before and after the DateTime change may no longer match.
- General ledger values from before and after the DateTime change may no longer match.
- You may have problems reconciling cash, inventory and accounts receivable amounts.
- A customer’s purchase from a previous month-end statement may re-appear on their current month-end statement after the DateTime change. This discrepancy will confuse the customer and create a poor customer experience.
Similar issues can occur when you change the PO_number (PO number or memo) and Project (project name) values because store records will no longer match the original invoices, receipts and statements.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.