The Special Order system covers existing and non-stocked products. When you place the special order, it will auto-generate pending purchase orders for all suppliers identified with that order.
- Every special order item is named SO and is followed by a unique computer-generated SO number.
- With the SO number, you can track the special order and the receiving, sales, and financial gain transactions.
- The new SO item is blocked from being reordered.
- The SO is set to a unique automatic department number 20,000 and is based on the employee’s ID number.
- So, if employee 15 created a special order item, the department will be 20,015.
- This allows for detailing by salesperson the sales, costs, and margins on the daily and monthly comparative revenue reports.
- When you store the SO, it cannot be modified and stored again.
To learn more, click the title of a Knowledge Base article (KBA).
|How to set up the special orders feature||Set up–Company|
|How to place a special order for a non-stocked item||Invoice/Quote|
|How to store special order items||Invoice/Quote|
|How to deliver and sell special order items||Invoice/Quote|
|How to place a special order from items that exist in your inventory||Invoice/Quote|
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.