The Special Order (SO) system covers existing and non-stocked products. When you place the special order, it will auto-generate pending purchase orders for all suppliers identified with that order.
- Every special order item is named using the prefix SO, followed by a unique computer-generated SO number. Example: SO00012
- With the SO number, you can track the special order and the receiving, sales, and financial gain transactions.
- The new SO item is blocked from being reordered.
- The SO is set to a unique automatic department number that is based on the employee’s ID number.
- Example: If employee 15 created a special order item, the department will be 20015.
- This allows for a breakdown of special order sales, costs, and margins by salesperson, on the comparative revenue reports.
To learn more, click the title of a Knowledge Base article (KBA).
|Options for special orders||Set up–Company|
|Best Practices: Special Orders||Invoice/Quote|
|How to create a special order||Invoice/Quote|
|How to complete a special order||Invoice/Quote|
|How to delete a stored special order||Invoice/Quote|
|How to manually receive a purchase order for special order items and include the freight cost||PO|
|How to print all invoice, quotes, and special orders for a specific customer on the large form||Customers|
|How to set a default special order deposit amount||Setup-Company|
|How to print all special orders on a large form with a laser printer||Setup-Company|
|How to allow changes to a special order||Setup-Company|
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.