When an employee manually discounts an item by clicking F4 Discount Item in the Invoice/Quote module, the discounted price is included in the Salesperson Exception Report.
The Salesperson Exception Report provides a list of all price overrides, manual discounts, and negative quantities sold during a specified time period and sorted by employee.
To run the Salesperson Exception Report:
- In Paladin, on the top ribbon, select the Reports module.
- In the Report Area pane, select Sales Analysis > What I Need To Know.
- In the Reports List pane, select Salesperson Exception Report.
- In the Choose Report pane, click F12 Next.
- In the Report Settings pane, select an invoice date range for the report.
- By default, the report looks at all your employees. If you want to specify an employee ID range, uncheck Report all salespeople?, and in the Employee lists, enter a range of employee IDs.
- In the Additional Settings pane, you can select the exceptions to include in the report. By default, all exceptions are selected. Click to clear the checkbox for any exception you don’t want to see. The report can show the following types of invoice/quote exceptions.
- Include price overrides?: A price override occurs when an employee manually changes the price of an item by entering a different price for the line-item on the invoice or quote.
- Include non-inventory items?: Adds all items that are not part of the store’s overall inventory.
- Include manual discounts?: A manual discount occurs when an employee clicks F4 Discount Item on the bottom ribbon in the Invoice/Quote pane.
- Include neg qty sold?: A negative quantity sold transaction occurs when an employee changes the item quantity to a negative number. This exception is common during item returns.
- Include Accounting Overrides?: Includes any accounting overrides established.
- When you are ready to run the report, in the Sorting Options pane, click F12 Run Report.
- When the report is complete, a list of exceptions is displayed as a PDF file. If you want to keep the report to view later, save the PDF file to your computer.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.