Use these instructions to map your QuickBooks general ledger accounts to Paladin accounting categories, so you can transfer Paladin accounting data to your QuickBooks general ledger accounts. This can be done manually or you can use the Paladin integration with QuickBooks to automatically transfer your GL summary every night.
- Sign in to QuickBooks and open the Chart of Accounts.
- Sign in to Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- In the Paladin Configuration window, click the Accounting tab.
- For each accounting category, enter the corresponding QuickBooks account number or name. If you want to use account numbers and have not created them yet, click here for instructions.
Multi-store only: If you are setting up a multi-store to use the QuickBooks integration, you can use QuickBooks classes to identify the accounts for each store (see optional class setting in the table below) or create separate company accounts for each store. If you use separate company accounts, the appropriate company account will be selected when Paladin Support turns on the integration.
- You must enter a QuickBooks account name or number for every Paladin accounting category on the Accounting tab.
- If an QuickBooks account type is Accounts/Receivable, you can enter that account number or name for exactly one Paladin accounting category.
- If you are using the QuickBooks integration to create Accounts/Payable bills from closed purchase orders, enter the QuickBooks Accounts Payable account in the Inventory Liability Accounts pane, in the Inventory Purchase Account box.
- To help you understand the Paladin accounting categories and how Paladin categories map to the values in the Comparative Revenue Report, see the image below
- Set any optional settings:
Setting Description GL Export Account Name (under Asset Accounts)
QuickBooks requires that an account designated as Accounts Receivable be linked to an customer account. This is the name used for the QuickBooks customer account.
You can keep the default (PALADIN_CHARGE) or enter a custom name.
GL Export Account Name (under Liability Accounts)
QuickBooks requires that an account designated with the type Accounts Receivable be linked to an customer account. This is the name used for the QuickBooks customer account.
You can keep the default (PALADIN) or enter a custom name.
Department Format This setting does not apply to QuickBooks GL data exports.
Import data to QuickBooks Class (under QuickBooks Settings at the bottom of the window) In QuickBooks, you can assign accounts to a class using the class tracking feature. This feature can be used to distinguish accounts for different stores, for example. If you set a class, then Paladin will export to the QuickBooks accounts in that class only.
- Click Close, and then click Yes.
- Restart Paladin.
Ready to turn on the QuickBooks integration? If you have completed the account mapping and are ready to turn on the QuickBooks integration to begin transferring GL Summary data nightly into QuickBooks, Submit a Help Request. To do this, in Paladin, go to Help > Support > Submit a Help Request and fill out the form. When prompted, select these categories: Third-party software or integrations > Third-party integrations > Accounting.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.