Trade discounts give your best customers a discount on their monthly statement. Trade discounts are set up as pricing plans. This allows you to selectively discount specific departments or classes and require that the discount meets the minimum margin for each item.
You can create multiple trade discounts and selectively apply them to each customer in the Customers module. If you prefer, you can assign an overall percentage discount to a customer account. To learn more, see How to set up a percentage discount for a customer.
Tip To encourage your customers to pay on time, you can specify an expiration date for the discount by using the prompt payment feature. To learn more, see How to set up a prompt payment discount.
- How to set up a trade discount pricing plan
- How to apply a trade discount pricing plan to a customer
How to set up a trade discount pricing plan
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Pricing Plan tab.
- Click New.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the discount.
Important: DO NOT select Apply to all transactions. If you select this option, the discount will be treated as a storewide sale and will apply to all purchases.
- Optional, but recommended: Select Respect min margin. When you select this option, the discounts will not fall below the min margin price. The min margin price is the lowest price that still respects an item’s min margin.
- Optional: You can limit this discount to specific sale lists, departments, or classes by entering a range of corresponding Start and End ID’s.
- In the Discount or Markup list, select Discount Percent.
- In the Amt % box, enter a numeric percentage value (no %).
- Click Save, and then click Close.
How to apply a trade discount pricing plan to a customer
- In the Customers module, open the customer account.
- Click the Credit tab.
- In the Credit pane, select Trade Discounts.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Adjust Pricing Plans or press F7.
- In the Available Pricing Plans list, select a trade discount (pricing plan) to apply and then click Add.
- Click Finish or press F12 to close the window.
- Click Save or press F12 to update the customer account.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.