How to send and receive files
The Syntech FuelMaster invoice file must be accessible from the Paladin terminal where you perform EDI processing, and you must know the file location. As each invoice is processed, status messages will appear. When the EDI processing is completed, you can view the progress notes and associated reports.
- In Paladin, on the top ribbon, select the Inventory module.
- On the bottom ribbon of the module, click F9 EDI.
- In the EDI Processing window, click Browse, and then select the Syntech FuelMaster invoice file to import.
- Click Process EDI file.
5. As the file is processed, progress notes will appear in the window, and will state when EDI processing is completed. Then, you have the following options:
- To view, save, or print the progress notes, click Print log.
- To view associated reports, click Reporting.
- To view the list of processed invoices in the EDI Reporting window, click View List in Excel to view the list in an Excel spreadsheet.
To view invoices in the customer’s sales history, in the Customers module of Paladin, in the Credit tab, click any invoice magnifying glass to view a copy of the invoice receipt with the FuelMaster invoice date and the date the invoice was attached in Paladin.
Note: If an invoice’s Syntech FuelMaster customer account number does not match a Syntech FuelMaster alternate ID in any Paladin customer account, the invoice will be processed in one of the following ways:
- If the fuel was purchased with a credit card, the invoice will be added to the CashSale account with the account ID of 0. This account is designated for transactions with an unspecified customer account. The payment type (PmtType) is import coupon. In the customer’s sales history, import coupon is abbreviated to IMPORT. The import coupon designation separates FuelMaster transactions from other credit card transactions when you search for specific payment types in the Transaction Report. You can view the credit card invoices in the Cash Sale, 0 account’s sales history.
- If the fuel was purchased as a charge transaction, a new customer account is created with the name SYNTECH FUELMASTER: ####, where #### is the FuelMaster account number. The FuelMaster account number is also included as an alternate ID.
- On the Revenue Reports, imported FuelMaster transaction revenue will be reported in the Coupon category.
Tip: The Coupon category reports this revenue:
- All imported transactions.
- Transactions in Paladin that were not processed using one of these payment types: Cash, Charge, ACH, CHG Card (Credit Card) or Check.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.