To support the Ace transition from Valspar to Benjamin Moore paint SKUs, we’ve created a tool that will convert your Valspar part numbers to Benjamin Moore part numbers automatically.
Before you use this utility, read the following guidelines:
- The utility must be run outside of business hours when no one is using Paladin Point of Sale.
- The conversion is a one-time process and can be run on any terminal.
- If you are a multi-store business, you only need to run the conversion utility in one store.
- The conversion utility will make the following updates to applicable Valspar items in your inventory:
- The current primary part number (Valspar) in Paladin Point of Sale will be moved to the alternate part number list.
- The primary part number will be set to the Benjamin Moore SKU for that item.
- The Benjamin Moore UPC will be added to the alternate part number list and become the primary (default) alternate part number.
- The manufacturer part number will be changed to the Benjamin Moore part number.
To update the Valspar items in your inventory with Ace Hardware Benjamin Moore SKUs, do this:
- On the Maintain menu, click Utilities, click Ace Utilities, and then click Ace Valspar SK U conversion.
- When prompted to continue with the conversion, click Yes. The conversion make take a few minutes.
- When the conversion process complete, a report and confirmation message will appear. The report shows a list of Valspar items, and the MatchFound column identifies items that were found and updated in your inventory. Click OK to close the message.
- To view the SKU converstion report in Excel, click View in Excel. You can access the Excel report later from this directory: C:\PaladinPOS\Export\AceSkuConverter.
Tip Matches are made based on UPC codes. If you see an unmatched item that you think should be converted, make sure the UPC code is in the item’s alternate part number list.
Note: If you update inventory data to obtain more matches, repeat the previous steps to run the utility again. If the Excel SKU conversion report file is open on your computer, close the file before you re-run the utility. Otherwise, the conversion report data may not update. There is no harm in running the conversion tool more than once.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.