Two new Paladin features provide real-time remote stock on hand (SOH) information for your Ace Hardware Retail Support Center (RSC).
Get real-time RSC stock on hand for any inventory item
The first feature uses the existing Stock Check or Transfer (multi-store) feature on the bottom ribbon in the Inventory and PO modules. Open an inventory item or highlight an item on a PO and click Stock Check or Transfer (multi-store) or press F7 to see the real-time remote stock on hand at your RSC.
Note: Only the SOH column is filled in for Ace Hardware RSCs.
Sort purchase order by RSC availability
The second feature sorts items on a purchase order into these categories based on RSC availability:
- SUPPLIER OUT OF STOCK: Shows PO items that are not in stock at the RSC.
- PARTIAL STOCK AVAILABLE: Shows PO items that are in stock at the RSC, but not enough to cover your current order quantity.
- STOCK AVAILABLE: Shows PO items that are in stock at the RSC for your order quantity.
To sort a PO by RSC availability, in the PO module, click Recall Transaction (or press F7), highlight the PO, and then select the Supplier Stock Check checkbox before you click Recall (or press F12).
When the PO opens, the order items will be sorted into the three categories just mentioned.
To view the RSC stock on hand for any PO line item, highlight the item and then click Stock Check or Transfer (multi-store) or press F7.
Tip If your PO is lengthy, click the binoculars icon and search for stock to find the categories.
How to change your primary Ace Hardware RSC
After this feature is installed in your store, you will be prompted to select a primary Ace RSC location the first time you recall a PO. If you want to change the location later, follow these steps::
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- In the Paladin Configuration window, click the Supplier tab.
- In the Suppliers list, select the Ace Hardware.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the window and click More…
- Scroll down to the bottom of the window to the Ace RSC Code setting.
- In the Ace RSC Code list, select the RSC code to designate an Ace Hardware RSC.
- Click Close and then click Yes to save your changes.
- Restart Paladin.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.