In Paladin, all references to an inventory item must be guaranteed unique. This means that a barcode cannot be shared between two inventory records. Many times a replacement part number will utilize the same barcode as the discontinued item.
To remove the current bar code from an old item and placing it in the new record:
- In Paladin, from the top ribbon, select the Inventory module.
- Enter a part number in the Part # field.
- On the bottom ribbon of the module, select F6 Serial # & Alt Part #.
- In the Alternate Part # & Serial # window, select either Alt Part # or Serial #.
- In the Enter # field, enter the Alt Part # or the Serial #.
- Click either Add, Remove, or Make Default.
- When complete, click F12 Finish.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.