In the Data Viewer, you can edit the invoice purchase order numbers, project names, and invoice dates. To make these changes, you must have manager credentials.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the Maintain menu, click DataViewer.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- On the Invoices tab, on the View tab, specify the search criteria for the invoices that you want to edit, and then click Get Data.
- Make changes to the invoice values in any of the following columns:
- DateTime: Transaction date and time
- PO_Number: Purchase order number or memo
- Project: Project name
- Click Save, and close the DataViewer.
If you change the DateTime value the original invoice will include a note about the change, including the original date, when it was changed, and which employee made the change.
Warning: When you change the DateTime value, the following accounting issues can occcr:
- Comparative Revenue report values for reports created before and after the DateTime change may no longer match.
- General ledger values from before and after the DateTime change may no longer match.
- You may have problems reconciling cash, inventory, and accounts receivable amounts.
- A customer’s purchase from a previous month-end statement may reappear on the current month-end statement after the DateTime change.
When you change the PO_number and Project values, store records will no longer match the original invoices, receipts, and statements.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.