The Received Items Report includes information about received items in the purchase order list.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the P.O. module or press Alt+4.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Mode or press F5 to switch to Receive mode.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Find P.O. or press F6.
- Search for the purchase order to use for the report.
- In the PO Details pane, highlight the purchase order.
- To view an Excel spreadsheet with received item details for the highlighted purchase order, click Received Items Report at the end of the Find PO window.
- The retail price will appear in the Current Retail column.
- The retail margin will appear in the PO Margin column. It is calculated from the purchase order cost and the retail price that existed when you created the report.
Tip: Let replacement costs inform your business strategy
When you look at margins, don’t forget the replacement cost. For example, if you bought a product from a supplier for $10 and sell it for $20, your margin is 50%. However, if the cost of the product has increased to $12 when it’s time to replace it, you’re margin based on the replacement cost is now 40%. Depending on your business investment strategy, if the replacement cost margin is lower, you may decide to increase the retail price, so that you have enough money to replace future items.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.