This feature allows a store’s employees to capture and add unknown barcodes in Paladin. When a barcode/part number is scanned that doesn’t exist in the Enterprise wide database, a message is displayed stating “Part Number Not Found”, and allows employees to enter another number to resolve the issue.
If the new number is found in the database, Paladin displays the product’s description and ask if this is the item searched for.
- Select F8 OK, and the unknown barcode is added as an alternate to the item displayed. The item is returned to the invoicing screen, and the store is informed of the new barcode (within the 2 minute replication cycle).
- If the answer is No, employees are returned to the Part Number Not Found screen where another attempt at finding the correct item can be made. If the employee does not want to search for an alternate number, they press ESC or click CANCEL to return to the invoice screen.
To enable this feature:
- In Paladin, from the main menu, select File > Setup.
- Select the Invoice (Store) tab.
- In the Invoice pane, check Add Alternate Part Number from Invoicing.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.