Build: 2_385, 9976.62
Build date: 1-Jan-17 Case 76767
When you start Paladin Point of Sale on a terminal in a multi-store environment, the terminal’s primary and backup database server settings are automatically synced with storewide defaults. This safeguard prevents a terminal from connecting to an incorrect server, and eliminates potentially costly troubleshooting.
If a computer, such as the backup server, requires custom primary and backup database settings, a lock can be set to prevent the computer from syncing with the storewide defaults.
When storewide default server settings are updated, the new settings are applied to all terminals that have Paladin Point of Sale open. However, if Paladin Point of Sale is not open, the first time you start Paladin Point of Sale, you must close it and start it a second time to apply the changes.
Note: The primary and backup server settings are maintained by Paladin Support. If you have questions or need to change them, call 1-800-725-2346, option 2 or email email@example.com.
To view the primary and backup server settings, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Network tab, and enter an admin password.
- In the Network pane, the primary and backup server names are displayed in the Database Server and Backup Server
Important: Do not change these values unless instructed to by Paladin Support.
- If the Lock check box for the primary or backup server is selected, then the computer’s server settings are not overridden by the store defaults, and any changes made apply to that computer only.
- If the Remote check box for the primary or backup server is selected, then the server is located in a remote location, such as another store. If the store’s primary server fails, and a remote backup server must be used, then Paladin Point of Sale functionality will be limited to basic tasks, such as invoicing. Reporting and EDI functionality will be unavailable.
Note: The feature supporting the Remote check box is not yet available, and will be announced in a future release notice.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.