Multi-store databases accumulate large quantities of data. Over time, this data will slow down your Paladin Point of Sale system.
To ensure that your store runs efficiently, we archive data that has a low likelihood of needing to be recalled. Data that is required to run a store is never archived.
If you need an archived item
The Transaction Report and Comparative Revenue Reports will automatically access archived invoices and other data. If the archived data that you are looking for is not found in these reports, contact Paladin Support to retrieve the item at no cost.
- Invoices older than 13 months that have no customer account numbers associated with them.
- Credit card signatures older than 6 months have relatively large image files that take up a lot of space in your database are archived. However, you can access archived signatures with the Transaction Report. We do not archive charge account signatures.
- EDI history records older than 6 months are archived.
- Operational data that is not viewable by end users and is not required to run the store.
- The PaladinDataArchive database is created on the Publisher when the data archiving service is turned on by our Paladin multi-store replication team.
- Data from the main PaladinData database is moved to the PaladinDataArchive database.
- The PaladinDataArchive database is backed up once per month and the archived data is kept for two years.
- The PaladinData database has more space, smaller backup files, and shorter backup times, so it runs more efficiently with Paladin Point of Sale.
If you need data restored from the PaladinDataArchive database, call Paladin Support at 800-725-2346 (press option 2) or send a message to email@example.com.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.