You can perform a margin analysis for items in department 999 (Unknown) in the Invoice Margin Analysis Report.
During EDI processing and other automated inventory updates, an item is placed in department 999 (Unknown) when a specific department is not defined.
About the Invoice Margin Analysis Report
The Invoice Margin Analysis Report calculates the invoice profit and margin for items in a specified department, primary supplier, location, or class. Report results are displayed by invoice in an Excel spreadsheet.
To create the Invoice Margin Analysis report:
- In Paladin, on the top ribbon, select the Reports module.
- In the Report Area pane, select Sales Analysis > What I Need To Know.
- In the Report List pane, click Invoice Margin Analysis Report.
- In the Choose Report pane, click F12 Next.
- In the Invoice Margin Analysis Report window, in the Report Settings pane, do the following:
- In the Dates row, select the Beginning and Ending dates.
- In the Detail by: row, select an inventory item category and value.
- In the Sorting Options pane, click F12 Run Report.
An Excel icon will appear on the bottom taskbar of your terminal. Click the Excel icon to open the report.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.