If you participate in Benjamin Moore OSR (Outside Sale Rep) or CCP (Contractor & Commercial Pricing) programs, Paladin can create the reports required by Benjamin Moore.
- If you use the OSR program, you must perform some initial setup steps (see procedure below). If you are only enrolled in the CCP program, there is no set up required.
- The OSR report feature is not supported for Ace Hardware stores that use Ace Rewards because it adds new customer types. Ace Rewards stores cannot edit the customer types list.
- How to set up the Benjamin Moore OSR report
- How to create Benjamin Moore OSR and CCP reports
- Required report columns
How to set up the Benjamin Moore OSR report
- In Paladin, from the main menu, select File > Setup.
- Select the Customer Types tab.
- For each Benjamin Moore OSR rep in your store, create a new customer type. To easily identify these customer types, we recommend using a prefix, such as “OSR”, followed by the OSR’s name (Example: OSR Mary Owen).
- In Paladin, on the top ribbon, select the Customers module.
- Open each customer account with a Benjamin Moore OSR rep:
- Close and then restart Paladin.
How to create Benjamin Moore OSR and CCP reports
- Before you run the report, you need the following:
- Paladin Supplier ID for Benjamin Moore.
Note: To find it, in Paladin’s main menu go to File > Setup > Supplier tab, and select Benjamin Moore. The Supplier ID is the number to the left. It also appears in the Supplier Number box.
- Your store’s Benjamin Moore account number
Note: To find it, in Paladin’s main menu go to File > Setup > Supplier tab, and select Benjamin Moore. The account number (if set) appears in the Account Number box.
- [OSR Report only] OSR Benjamin Moore Number
- Paladin Supplier ID for Benjamin Moore.
- In Paladin, from the main menu, select the Maintain menu, select Utilities > Customer Utilities > Benjamin Moore OSR Report.
- In the Benjamin Moore OSR Report window, enter a date range for the report.
- If you are creating a report for an OSR rep, enter the OSR Number for Benjamin Moore and select the OSR’s customer type from the OSR Associated Customer Type list.
Note: The OSR Number is simply inserted into the Excel reports and cannot be verified by Paladin.
- Enter the Benjamin Moore Supplier Number (from Paladin) and the Benjamin More Account Number.
- Select the report type:
- OSR Only: Create a report of Benjamin Moore sales to customers associated with the specified OSR only.
- CCP Only: Create a report of all Benjamin Moore sales for the store, including OSR sales without showing the OSR names.
- OSR and CCP: Create a report of sales to customers for the specified OSR and any remaining Benjamin More store sales, not attributed to an OSR.
- Click OK.
- A message will appear showing you the location of the saved report. Reports are saved in C:\PaladinPOS\Export\BenMoreOSr directory.
- Click Yes to open the report.
- Click No if you want to view it later.
Note: The window will remain open so you can create multiple reports.
An Excel file will open with a list of Benjamin line items, customer, OSR rep, and more. If the file does not open automatically, look for an Excel icon in your computer’s bottom task bar.
- When you are done, click Cancel to close the window.
Required report columns
The following table shows the report columns and which ones are required by Benjamin Moore and therefore are filled in by Paladin.
|Column Name||Paladin value|
|BM Outlet*||Benjamin Moore Account Number (entered)|
|Account Number*||Customer account number in Paladin (blank if unknown)|
|Account Name*||Customer account name in Paladin (blank if unknown)|
|Account Zip*||Customer account zip (blank if unknown)|
|Transaction Date*||Date of sale|
|Invoice Number*||Paladin invoice number|
|Transaction Line Item Number*||Paladin invoice line item number|
|BM SKU*||Benjamin Moore SKU for invoice item|
|Unit Of Measure|
|Unit Price*||Price per item unit|
|Ext Price*||Total line item extension|
|Sales Rep Terr No*||OSR Number|
|Sales Rep Terr Name*||OSR Customer Type Name|
*Required by Benjamin Moore
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.