BOGO has become one of the most popular and often used acronyms in the retail lexicon and Buy One Get One are one of the most effective sales promotions in the business. Research shows that 93% of shoppers admit to taking advantage of a BOGO sale, and 66% of them prefer them to any other kind of sales promotion. So, BOGOs are an easy way to bring customers to your store, and setting them up in Paladin is just as easy.
Whether you want to offer a simple BOGO free promotion or a more advanced BOGO discount, you can design your own BOGO offer in mere minutes. And, our new Advanced Sale designer will guide you smoothly through the set up process with helpful explanations along the way.
The Paladin BOGO designer lets you set up three types of BOGO promotions.
Buy One Get One
Buy one (or more) of an item and get one (or more) of the same item for free or at a discount.
· Buy 1, get one free (Get 2 for 1)
· Buy 1, get 50% off the second item
Mix and Match
Buy one (or more) of an item and get one (or more) of a different item in the same sale list for free or at a discount.
· Buy a BBQ and get a BBQ cover free (same sale list)
Buy One Get Another
Buy one (or more) of an item and get one (or more) of an item from a different sale list at a discount.
To set up a BOGO sale:
- Choose your BOGO sale type from the table above.
- In Paladin, from the main menu, select File > Setup.
- Select the Sale List tab.
- In the Sales pane, click New.
- Enter a name for the sale list in the Name box.
- Create a sale list (or lists), and select Advanced Sale from the Type list.
Note: If you are creating BOGO sale, you will need two sale lists—one for the full-priced item(s) and one for the discounted items(s).
- Import or add sale items to the sale list(s).
- Select the sale list, and then click Create Pricing Plan at the bottom of the Sale List tab.
- In the Pricing Plans tab, enter a name for the pricing plan and select Apply to all Transactions.
- In the Advanced Settings pane, check Enable Advanced Settings.
- Select Buy One Get One from the Sale Type list.
- In the When a Customer Buys box, enter 1.
- In the Customer Receives a Discount on box, enter 1.
- Select Free from the Discount Type list.
- Select either Min Qty of Items Purchased, Exact Qty of Items Purchased, or None from the Sale Limitations list.
- If you want a description of the BOGO promotion to appear below the invoice item(s) on the receipt, enter your message in the Description (Optional) box.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.