When this feature is set up, sales representatives can identify the status of a pharmacy consultation provided to a customer. The status will be a permanent record on the customer invoice, the pharmacist’s employee record, and in the store’s data. Paladin will associate the pharmacist’s signature with the consultation results. The Transaction Report will include the pharmacist’s name and ID, plus whether the customer accepted or declined the consultation.
To set up the pharmacy consultation to include signatures from a pharmacist:
- In Paladin, from the main menu, select File > Setup.
- Select the Employees tab.
- In the Employees list, select the pharmacist that will record a consultation signature.
- In the Employee Signature Capture window, click Set Signature.
- Tell the pharmacist to enter the signature on the signature pad.
- In the Employee Signature Capture window, click OK.
- For each pharmacist that will provide consultations, repeat steps 3, 4, and 5.
Note: Do not store signatures for employees that do not have this privilege.
- Select the Pharmacy tab.
- In the Consult section, check Enable Pharmacy Consult.
- Check Enable Pharmacist Signature.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
- During the checkout process, the Pharmacy Consult Wizard will appear. Select one of the following options:
- Consultation Required
- Consultation Not Required
- Required and Accepted
- Required and Declined
- A list will appear with the pharmacists whose signatures have been set up. The sales representative can select a pharmacist, press ENTER, and then click Next to complete the transaction.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.