Paladin Point of Sale can transfer your daily accounting totals to your Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains) general ledger and automatically create payable transactions in Microsoft Dynamics GP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software from received purchase orders.
How it works
When you receive a purchase order, Paladin Point of Sale creates an accounts payable event—called a Payables Transaction Entry—in your Microsoft Dynamics GP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
When the Payables Transaction Entry is created, both the Voucher No. and the Document Number incorporate the date and time that the purchase order was received. This guarantees that these IDs are unique. In addition, the Voucher No. also is prefaced by the Paladin Point of Sale purchase order number, and the Document Number is prefaced by a value that you define. The formats for these values are:
The following conditions apply:
- ### is the Paladin Point of Sale purchase order number.
- Note: The length of the purchase order number can vary. However, if the purchase order is greater than 999, then the Voucher No. is shortened. For more details, see the About truncation section below.
- XXX is the user-defined value set in Paladin Point of Sale. The default is PAL.
- Note: The Document Number will be shorted if you define a value more than three characters. For more details, see the About truncation section below.
- YYMMDD is the two-digit year (YY), month (MM) and day (DD) the purchase order was received.
- HHMMSS is the two-digit hour (HH), minute (MM) and second (SS) that the purchase order was received.
The Voucher No. and Document Number values cannot be more than 17 characters long. When this length is exceeded, the value is shorted by removing characters from the left of the date and time.
For example, a five-digit purchase order number 12345 would create a Voucher No. which is 19 characters long. To shorten it, two values would be removed from the left of the date and the value would become 12345.MMDD.HHMMSS.
Similarly, a 13-character Document Number prefix would remove all of the date and most of the time, and create a value in the format abcdefghijklm.MSS.
To setup Paladin Point of Sale to connect to your Microsoft Dynamics GP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, contact Paladin Support.
About PO reversal
In Paladin, you can reverse a PO that has been transferred to Dynamics GP, but you will be prompted for a manager’s credentials. You must remove the corresponding vendor bill from Dynamics GP.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.