- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Inventory module.
- Display an item.
- Click the Order Control tab.
- In the Stock Information pane, the item is a closeout item if at least one of these conditions is true:
- The Order Qty value is zero (0), and the value is locked.
- The Max Qty value is zero (0), and the value is locked.
Best Practice for identifying closeout items
- When a supplier stops carrying an item or the manufacturer discontinues it, set the item’s Order Qty value to zero (0), and lock the value. When an EDI supplier discontinues an item, this happens automatically during EDI processing.
- When your store stops carrying an item, but the supplier still carries it, set the item’s Max Qty value to zero (0), and lock the value.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.
*Content is subject to change. For the most recent version, visit the Help Portal.
Printed on: 2/25/20