To close an uncollectible account:
- In Paladin, on the top ribbon, select the Customers module.
- In the Customers tab, select a customer from the Customer list.
- Select the Balances tab.
- On the bottom ribbon, select F5 Account Payment.
- In the Account Payment window, in the Discount Allowed box, enter the total amount owed.
- In the Amount of Payment box, enter 0.00
- In the Check number box, enter 0000
- Click F12 Accept.
- Select the Credit tab.
- In the Credit Limit box, enter 0
- Click F12 Save.
- On the bottom ribbon, select F6 Payment Management.
- In the Payment Management window, in the Credit Invoices pane, select the line item that includes the Discount Allowed amount.
- In the Credit Notes Field, enter notes, and then click Save Item.
- From the main Paladin menu, select Maintain > Data Viewer.
- In the Paladin POS Data Viewer window, select the Invoices tab.
- In the first box of the View tab, enter the invoice number from the discount payment transaction.
- Select Invoice Id from the list box.
- Click Get Data.
- In the Invoices: pane, in the PO_Number column, enter Bad Debt.
- Click Save and close the window.
To run a report to see all of the accounts discounted for being uncollectible or considered Bad Debt, and you followed the instructions above, you can run a transaction report for the specific transaction information including a “Bad Debt” indicator.
- To delete the customer from the system, click F2 Delete Customer.
- To identify the account as in collections, add a checkout note or rename the account with COLLECTIONS as a prefix.
- To avoid printing the statement for a particular account, in the Form Control pane, make sure the Create month-end statement checkbox is not selected.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.