- Before you start this process, create a backup of your data.
- Perform these procedures after store hours.
Note: Inventory data must be exported from Paladin and then imported into Microsoft Excel that is installed on the computer.
To export inventory data to Microsoft Excel:
- In Paladin, from main menu, select Maintain > Data Viewer.
- In the Paladin POS Data Viewer window, select the Inventory tab, and then select the Export tab.
- In the Export Options section, in the Inventory Type list, select Active Inventory or Obscure Inventory.
- In the Suppliers list, select a supplier name or ALL SUPPLIERS.
- Optional: Check Show Weekly Sales.
- In the Number of Weeks box, enter how many weeks that you want to view.
- Optional: Check Include Deleted Items.
- To verify the data that you want to export, click View to see a spreadsheet.
- When you are sure that you want to export the data, click Save.
- In the Save Inventory Export File window, browse to a location for saving the Excel file.
- In the File name box, enter a file name.
- Click Save.
- Open Excel, and select Open > Browse.
- In the bottom right of the Open window, select All Excel Files, select the file that you exported from Paladin, and then click Open.
- When you see the Microsoft Excel warning message about the file format, click Yes.
- In the Text Import Wizard window, click Next .
- In the Delimiters pane, check the Tab box (if it is not already checked), and then click Next.
- In the Data Preview pane, click the first column header, press and hold the Shift key, and scroll horizontally to the last column on the far right, click the Text column. All columns will be highlighted.
- In the Column Data format options pane, check Text.
- Click Finish.
- Click File, and then click Save As.
- In the list, select this file type: Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)
- Click Save.
- Open the file that you just created.
- To import the file, refer: How to import inventory data into a Paladin Point of Sale database
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.