- Before you start this process, create a backup of your data.
- Perform these procedures after store hours.
Note: Inventory data must be exported from Paladin Point of Sale and then imported into Microsoft Excel that is installed on the computer.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the Maintain menu, click Data Viewer.
- In the Paladin POS Data Viewer window, click the Inventory tab, and then click the Export tab.
- In the Export Options section, in the Inventory Type list, select Active Inventory or Obscure Inventory.
- In the Suppliers list, select a supplier name or ALL SUPPLIERS.
- Optional: Click to select the Show Weekly Sales checkbox.
- In the Number of Weeks check box, enter how many weeks that you want to view.
- Optional: Click to select the Include Deleted Items checkbox.
- To verify the data that you want to export, click View to see a spreadsheet.
- When you are sure that you want to export the data, click Save.
- In the Save Inventory Export File window, browse to a location for saving the Excel file.
- In the File name box, enter a file name.
- Click Save.
- On the File menu, click Browse.
- in the list, select All Files, select the file that you exported from Paladin Point of Sale, and then click Open.
- When you see the Microsoft Excel warning message about the file format, click Yes.
- In the Text Import Wizard window, click Next .
- In the Delimiters pane, click to select the Tab box (if it is not already checked), and then click Next.
- In the Data Preview pane, click the first column header, press and hold the Shift key, and scroll horizontally to the last column on the far right, click the Text column. All columns will be highlighted.
- In the Column Data format options pane, click the Text checkbox.
- Click Finish.
- Click File, and then click Save As.
- In the list, select this file type: Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)
- Click Save.
- Open the file that you just created.
- To import the file, refer to this KBA: How to import inventory data into a Paladin Point of Sale database
*Content is subject to change. For the most recent version, visit the Help Portal.
Printed on: 7/20/18