This feature requires Paladin Release 2021-C or build 4419 or later.
You can create a series of incremental unique alternate part numbers, starting with X00001 and incrementing by 1 (X00002, X00003, and so on) when you manually add an inventory item or create inventory items using the Data Viewer inventory upload feature. All alternate IDs will start with X and increment by one each time. They will never be reused.
This feature is turned on by default, but is optional to use.
Using the Add Item [F2] feature in the Inventory module
- Open the Inventory module.
- Click Add Item or press F2.
- Fill out the inventory item details, leaving the Alt Part # box blank.
- Click Next X # to add the unique incremental part number.
- Click Add or press F12.
Using the Data Viewer Import feature
- Create the file of items to import. For details, see How to import inventory data into a Paladin Point of Sale database
- On the Maintain menu, click Data Viewer.
- Click the Inventory tab, and then click the Import subtab.
- Click Load File and select the file of items to upload.
- Select X Alt Part Number Sequence. Unique incremental part numbers will be added automatically when the item is imported.
- Click Import.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.