This article provides instruction and information on the following:
- Backing up a database
- Transferring the backup to a USB drive
Backing up a database
- Plug the USB Drive into your computer (Terminal-1). Be sure to use the blue USB port on the front of the computer.
Note: If a new window opens after plugging in the USB Drive, close this window by clicking on the “X” in the upper right of that window.
- In Paladin, on the top ribbon, select the Backup module.
- In the Backup window, click Yes to the “Backup may take up to 20 minutes. Do you wish to continue?” message.
- A white window icon will appear on the bottom taskbar of your computer; click on it to open.
- You will see a black screen stating, “Starting Paladin Database Backup.” Once this black screen closes, your backup is complete and is ready to be transferred onto the USB Drive.
Transferring the backup to a USB drive
- On the top ribbon of Paladin, select Exit to close out of Paladin. You will now be on your computer’s desktop.
- Click Backups. A new window opens containing multiple files. Make sure the first (at top) file has the current date and time (example: 1/22/2020 9:12AM).
- Once you have verified the date and time, click on the file to highlight it (the file will be highlighted in blue).
- Using your mouse, right click the highlighted file, and select Copy.
- On the left side of the window, click on USB DRIVE (E:). You can now see all files on this USB drive.
- Right click under the files you see, then click Paste. A loading bar will fill with green and then disappear when the Paste function has completed.
- The files are now copied and saved onto your USB Drive. On the left side of the window, right click on USB DRIVE, and then click EJECT. In the bottom right of your computer screen, you should see a message stating “It’s now safe to remove USB Drive or Hardware.”
- Unplug the USB drive from the computer.
Note: Make sure the USB drive leaves the building with you at the end of the day. Take care not to lose or damage the USB drive as you will be required to bring it back with you the following business day.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.