Build date: 17-Mar-16
You can now require customer information at checkout for any item classified as a restricted item, such as spray paint, fire arms, and alcoholic beverages. Previously, this feature was only available for pharmaceutical purchases.
When this feature is set up (see steps below), and you start the checkout process, an Additional Customer Info Required window appears for invoices that contain restricted items. To continue with the sale, you must scan the customer’s driver’s license with a 2D scanner or enter the information manually.
To set up the restricted item feature for any item, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Class tab.
- In the Classes pane, do one of the following:.
- In the list of classes, choose an existing class to be the restricted class. Make a note of the class ID because you will need it in step 7.
- Create a new restricted class. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Name box, enter a name for the restricted class.
- In the Class ID box, enter a unique ID for the restricted class. Make a note of this ID because you will need it in step 7.Note: You can only specify one restricted class that can apply to any item.
- Click Save.
- Click the Company tab.
- Scroll to the Restricted Class pane.
- In the Restricted Class pane, select the Enabled Restricted Classes checkbox.
- In the Restricted Class Number box, type the restricted class ID from step 3.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
To classify an inventory item as a restricted item, follow these steps:
- On the top ribbon, click the Inventory module.
- Search for and open the inventory item.
- Click the General tab or press PgDn three times.
- In the Classes pane, set one of the three class selections to the restricted class. The restricted class is defined in Paladin Configuration, on the Company tab, in the Restricted Class pane.Important: Many EDI vendors set the first class selection. If this item is updated by EDI, or if you don’t know, set the second or third class option instead.
- Click Save or press F12.
Customer ID for large credit card sales coming soon!
This feature will soon be available to gather customer ID information when a credit card sale exceeds an amount that you define. Today, you are at more risk than ever with credit card purchases, and this feature will help protect you. Look for an announcement in a future post.
Learn more about 2D scanners
To learn more about or to purchase a 2D scanner, contact Paladin Point of Sale Customer Support (1-800-725-2346, option 2 or email@example.com).