The new purchase order importer feature lets you import a list of items and automatically create pending purchase orders (one for each supplier) for items that also appear in your active inventory in Paladin Point of Sale. You can then confirm, buy and receive these purchase orders. The purchase order import feature is useful for the following tasks:
You can automate the time-consuming task of manually updating your inventory with items that you received outside of the normal purchasing process. For example, you may have received items from a trade show purchase or manufacturer’s special promotion.
You can determine which items that you carry from a large list of items. For example, if a supplier gives you a list of sale items, you can import the item and price information, and then create a purchase order that contains only those items that are in your active inventory. You can then modify the purchase order for the items that you want to buy.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Maintain menu, and then select Data Viewer.
- Click the Purchase Orders tab, and then click the Import tab.
- To import your list of items, in the Export File Template list, select the type of file format that you use. It must be one of the following file formats:
- Excel (.xls)
- Tab-delimited text file
5. When you have formatted the item information, save and close the file.
6. Click the ellipsis (…), select the Excel or Tab delimited file, and then click Process.
Items in the file will be added to the pending purchase order only when they match active inventory items in Paladin Point of Sale. If a match is not found, or the format is not correct, the line is skipped. At the end of the import process, a message will appear with the number of pending purchase orders that were created and the number of lines that were skipped.
7. When the import process is completed, open the original import file to view a new STATUS column that identifies skipped lines.
8. In the P.O. module, you can view, edit, confirm, and buy (send to the supplier) the pending purchase orders.
- For EDI suppliers: Purchased items will be automatically received through the EDI process.
- For non-EDI suppliers: On the bottom ribbon, click Receive (or press F5) to receive the delivered items.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.