Build date: 19-Mar-18
If you want to view and analyze your customer’s purchase history (and account payment history for your charge customers) in Excel, we have two new reports for you.
- Report Detail – Gives you line item details for each item purchased by the customer, including the purchase date, invoice number, item quantity and sale price.
- Report Summary – Gives you a summary of the items a customer recently bought, including the total quantity and price spread of each item.
This report groups individual purchases of the same item. For example, if a customer bought 1 of item (part number) P7890 in one purchase, and then later purchased 50 of the same item, the Report Summary will show a quantity sold value of 51 and will give you the price spread across both purchases.
Note: The following Report Summary example image and the prior Report Detail represent the same sales. Compare them to see the differences between these reports.
You can access these reports in the Invoice/Quote module when you select a customer and then view their invoice history in the Advanced Lookup window. (Detailed steps are provided below.)
The following table shows the values contained in each report.
|Sale information by item||Appears in Report Summary||Appears in Report Detail|
|Qty Sold||X (total for all invoices)||X (per purchase)|
How to view a customer’s recent purchase history in Excel
- On the top ribbon, click the Invoice/Quote
- In the Customers list, select the customer.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Advanced Lookup.
- In the Advanced Lookup window, click the History
- When the History tab opens, keep the default settings, and then click Find to view the customer’s purchase history.
- Choose a report option:
- To create an Excel spreadsheet a summary of the items a customer recently bought, including the total quantity and price spread of each item, click Report Summary.
- To create an Excel spreadsheet of line item details for each item purchased by the customer, including the purchase date, invoice number, item quantity and price, click Report Details.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.