Build date: 30-Jan-18
This feature update only applies to pharmacies that use Paladin Stop Meth feature to collect customer information for controlled substances. If your store uses the NPLEX feature, this release note does not apply to you.
When the Controlled Substance Information Required window appears, the following information is now required:
- ID Type
- State (only if the selected ID Type is Drivers License or State
Previously, only the ID value was required.
About the Paladin Stop Meth feature
When a customer purchases items that have been identified by the store as containing restricted components, such as pseudoephedrine, the Paladin Stop Meth feature will require the cashier to collect ID information and a signature. During the Stop Meth feature setup process, a Paladin Point of Sale class for restricted items is defined. At checkout, when a customer purchases an item that has been added to this class, the following occurs:
- A window appears and the cashier must ask for the customer’s ID.
- If the customer provides a driver’s license or state ID, the cashier can scan the ID with a 2D scanner.
- If a 2D scanner is not available or another form of ID is provided, the cashier must manually enter the required information.
- The ID information will be printed on the receipt and stored in Paladin Point of Sale. It will also appear in the Transaction Report.
- The customer’s manual or electronic signature will be required. If the store does not use a signature capture pad, a second receipt is printed for the customer to sign. The store must keep the signed receipt in their records.
To setup the Stop Meth feature in your store, contact Paladin Support (1-800-725-2346, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org).