Join the mobile revolution and expand your business with the Paladin Mobile2Checkout app. Available for any Android device, the app’s intuitive design and easy-to-learn interface lets you make sales and process returns from anywhere with an internet connection.
The Mobile2Checkout app supports these familiar invoicing features:
- Add a customer to the invoice from your Paladin customer database
- Scan and add items to the invoice using the camera on your device
- Search for and add items to the invoice from your Paladin inventory database
- Add items to the invoice manually by part number
- Modify an invoice item’s quantity and price
- Add invoice notes
- Calculate sales tax based on the store’s sales tax settings
- Accept cash, credit card and charge payments
- Process item returns
- Store a transaction for later processing in Paladin Point of Sale
- This feature is useful when you want create the invoice on a mobile device, and then apply pricing plans on a Paladin Point of sale terminal later. Pricing plan support is planned for a future Mobile2Checkout release.
To access the Mobile2Checkout app, enter your employee ID number and password. All transactions sync with Paladin Point of Sale and will appear on your daily balancing reports.
In the future, we’ll be adding support for customer loyalty programs, customer pricing plans and corporate promotions.
How it works
Setup the Mobile2Checkout app on your Android device
Paladin Support must setup the Mobile2Checkout app. To contact Paladin support, call 1-800-725-2346, option 2 or email email@example.com.
Open the app
To open the Mobile2Checkout app on your Android device, tap the icon.
Start the app
Note: If the Mobile2Checkout app is already running on the device, this step may not be required.
In the Company and Code boxes, enter the Mobile2Checkout app credentials provided by Paladin Support. In many cases, these credentials will be filled in by the app automatically.
A message will appear briefly to let you know that the app has connected to your Paladin Point of Sale system.
Tap your store. If you store has multiple locations, tap the appropriate store for the sale.
Sign in with your credentials
Enter your Employee ID and Password, and then tap Login.
Create a new invoice
Optional: Add a customer from the Paladin customer database
To add a customer to the invoice, tap the Customer magnifying glass, and search for the customer. Tap Type to select a search option.
Tip If this search feels familiar, it is. We incorporated the power of our Paladin Point of Sale Advanced Lookup search feature—including its multiple search options–into our Mobile2Checkout app.
Tap any search result to add the customer to the invoice.
Add items to the invoice
You can add items to the invoice in these ways:
- Tap Scan Item, and then scan the item’s barcode with the camera on your device.
Note: Barcode scanner accessories for Android tablets can also be used to scan and add items to the invoice.
- Tap Search Inventory, and search for the item by name or part number. To add a search result to the invoice, tap it.
- Enter the part number in the Add Item box.
To change the quantity or price after you add an invoice item, tap the pencil icon.
Optional: Add a note to the invoice
Start the checkout process and complete the transaction.
When you are ready to collect payment, tap Checkout, and then select a payment option.
Mobile2Checkout can process these payment types:
- Account Charge: Charge the customer’s account and collect the customer’s signature.
- Cash: Accept a cash payment.
- Credit Card: Process a credit card payment and collect the customer’s signature.
Note: Contact Paladin Support to obtain the point-to-point encryption (P2PE) credit card device for your Worldpay (formerly Vantiv) card processing account.
Email the receipt
After the transaction is complete, if you selected a Paladin customer that had an email address on file, the invoice is automatically sent to that email address.
If you did not select a customer or if the Paladin customer does not have an email on file, an Email Receipt option appears. If you want to specify an email for the receipt, tap Email Receipt, enter an email address, and then tap Send. Otherwise, tap Done.
Note: You must have email account set up in the default Mail app on your Android device to use the email feature.
Process item returns
To process a returned item, follow these same steps, and when you add the item to the invoice, entering a negative quantity.
Store a transaction
When you start the checkout process, you can store the transaction, and complete the transaction later in Paladin Point of Sale. To store the transaction, after you click Checkout, when the screen where you select a payment type appears, tap Save Invoice, and then enter a Name and Memo to identify the transaction when you recall it later.
To recall the Mobile2Checkout transaction in Paladin Point of Sale, click Recall Transaction or press F6, and select Quote ─ Order. The invoice will appear in the list with the name and memo that you entered on your device.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.