Build date: 9-Aug-17 Case 81424
A new Triple E Technologies integration lets you manage your customers’ Triple E fuel purchases and fuel inventory—all within Paladin Point of Sale. Powered by Paladin’s EDI feature, this integration will do the following:
- Attach Triple E invoices to Paladin Point of Sale customer accounts
- Add Triple E charge purchases to a customer’s account balance
- Manage fuel quantities in your Paladin Point of Sale inventory
When you track fuel as a Paladin Point of Sale inventory item, you also benefit from Paladin’s Market Driven Inventory Management™ system. This advanced technology forecasts future fuel needs based on your sales history and other relevant data, with amazingly accurate results. These useful projections are calculated automatically and are always available to help you save money by ordering only what you need. See Additional Resources below for more information.
How it works
Turn on the Triple E integration
Paladin Support must turn on the Triple E integration in your store (1-800-725-2346, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Add Triple E account numbers to Paladin Point of Sale customer accounts
After the Triple E integration is turned on, and before you process Triple E invoice files, you must add customers’ Triple E account numbers to their Paladin Point of Sale customer accounts as alternate IDs. Triple E customer account numbers are used to associate invoices with Paladin customer accounts.
Alternate IDs are added to a customer account in the Customers module, on the Electronic tab. The picture illustrates the process. Detailed instructions are provided below in How to add a Triple E account number to a customer account.
Create Triple E inventory items
To manage Triple E fuel quantities in Paladin Point of Sale, first select an existing department for Triple E items or create a new one. Then, create an inventory item for each Triple E inventory item, assign it to this department, and set the part number or alternate part number to match the Triple E part number.
Each new item must have a cost and quantity, and Triple E as the supplier. If you will create Triple E transactions in Paladin Point of Sale, you must also set a price.
The picture illustrates the how to create a Triple E item in the Inventory module. Detailed instructions are provided below in How to create a Triple E inventory item.
Process Triple E invoices with the EDI system
Triple E invoice files are processed by the Paladin EDI system in the Inventory module. The Triple E invoice file must be accessible from the Paladin Point of Sale terminal where you perform EDI processing, and you must know the file location.
In the EDI Processing window, as each invoice is processed, status messages will appear. When the process is complete, you can save or print this message log.
The picture illustrates these EDI processing steps. Detailed instructions are provided below in How to use EDI to process Triple E invoice files.
View Triple E invoices in a customer’s sale history
After EDI processing completes, Triple E invoices that were associated with a customer account can be accessed in the customer’s sales history. This sales history is available in the Customers module, on the Credit tab. Click any invoice magnifying glass to view a copy of the invoice receipt with the Triple E invoice date and the date the invoice was attached in Paladin Point of Sale.
The pictures illustrate this process and show an example invoice. Detailed instructions are provided below in How to view a customer’s sale history and invoices.
What happens if a matching customer account is not found?
If an invoice’s Triple E customer account number does not match a Triple E alternate ID in any Paladin Point of Sale customer account, the invoice is processed in one of these ways:
- If the fuel was purchased with a credit card, the invoice is added to the Cash Sale account with the account ID of 0. This account is designated for transactions with an unspecified customer account. The payment type (Pmt Type) will be set to IMPORT. You can view these invoices in the Cash Sale, 0 account’s sales history. The picture illustrates the process.
- If the purchase was a charge transaction, a new customer account is created with the name Triple-E: ####, where #### is the Triple E account number. The Triple E account number is also included as an alternate ID. The picture shows how these accounts will appear in the customer list.
In the Customers module, you can view and change the name and information on these new customer accounts and/or merge the account with an existing customer account. See the Additional resources section for more information.
How to get started
To learn more and to start using the Triple E integration, contact Paladin Support (1-800-725-2346, option 2 or email@example.com).
How to add a Triple E account number to a customer account
- On the top ribbon, click the Customers module or press Alt+2.
- Search for and view the customer account.
- Click the Electronic tab.
- In the Alternate Customer IDs pane, click Edit ID Data.
- In the Enter Alt ID box, enter the customer’s Triple E account number.
- In the list of alternate ID options, select Triple-E.
- Click Add.
- Click Finish or press F12.
How to create a Triple E inventory item
- Choose an existing department to use for Triple E inventory items, or create a new one. For help, see this article on our Help Portal (portal.paladinpos.com):
- How to create a department
- On the top ribbon, click the Inventory module or press Alt+3.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Add Item.
- In the Part # box, enter the Triple E part number.
- In the Description box, enter a description for the item.
- In the Cost box, enter your cost per gallon. Up to three decimal places are accepted.
- Optional: In the Sell Price box, enter the price rounded to the nearest cent.
Note: If you will create Triple E transactions in the Invoice/Quote module, this step is required.
- In the SOH box, enter your current fuel quantity in gallons.
- In the Department list, select the department you want to use for Triple E items.
- Click Add or press F12.
- Click the Order Control
- In the Suppliers pane, in the Supplier 1 list, select Triple-E.
- Click Save or press F12.
How to use EDI to process Triple E files
- Click the Inventory module or press ALT + 3.
- On the bottom ribbon, click EDI or press F9.
- In the EDI Processing window, click Browse and select the Triple E invoice file to import.
- Click Process EDI file.
- As the file is processed, progress notes will appear in the window, and will state when EDI processing is complete.
- Optional: After EDI processing is complete, click Print log to view, save, or print the progress notes.
- Optional: Click Reporting to view associated reports.
How to view a customer’s sale history and invoices
- Click the Customers module or press ALT+ 2.
- Click the Credit
- In the Sales History pane, click the Customer Friendly magnifying glass.
- In the Recent Sales History window, click an invoice magnifying glass to view a copy of the invoice receipt.
To view any of the following resources, open a web browser, go to portal.paladinpos.com (Paladin Help Portal), and search for the title.
Knowledge Base articles
- How to rename a customer account
- How to merge duplicate customer accounts
- PaladinNsight™: Manage your inventory investment with the Investment Review tool
- About Suggested Order Reports
- Best Practices: Suggested Ordering
- Suggested Order. Better than a magic 8 ball