Build date: 17- Apr-17
This feature is for non-EDI suppliers only.
A new Receive PO mode in your RF unit will let you scan newly-arrived items and enter received quantities. Paladin Point of Sale will automatically assign the received quantities to your open purchase orders. When you have scanned all the items, you can view and reconcile the ordered and received item amounts for each purchase order. Before you complete the receiving process, supplier costs and received amounts can be changed.
How it works
Find the Paladin Point of Sale supplier number in Paladin Point of Sale
The supplier number associates the received items with the purchase orders. To start the RF PO Receiving process, you will need this supplier number. If you do not know the supplier number, follow these steps:
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Inventory module or press ALT +3.
- Display one of the received items.
- Click the Order Control tab.
- In the Suppliers pane, in the Supplier 1 list, the supplier number will appear to the left of the supplier name.
Verify that RF communications are established
On your desktop, in the task bar, hover over the Paladin Point of Sale icon, and then look for the RF Unit Controls window.
- If the RF Unit Controls window is open, the RF communications package is running. Continue to Use your RF unit to scan items and enter quantities.
- If the RF Unit Controls window is not open, then follow these steps:
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the Inventory module.
- On the bottom ribbon, click RF Unit or press F10 to open the RF Unit Controls window. This will start The RF communications program.
Use your RF unit to scan items and enter quantities
- On the RF unit, press ON.
- If it is required, sign in.
- When the list of options appears, select Receive PO.Note: If the RF Inbound Receiving mode (RF receiving for EDI suppliers) option appears, select More, and then select Receive PO.
- When the Non-EDI supplier # prompt appears, enter the supplier number.
Note: The Receive PO mode is for non-EDI suppliers. If an EDI supplier number is entered, you will see this message: NON-EDI SUPPLIER ONLY. To learn how to use Inbound Receiving to receive EDI supplier items with the RF unit, see this webinar: RF Guns blazin’ – PO receive mode.
- Scan an item. If the item exists in an open PO for this supplier, the following information will appear:
- Part number
- Alternate part number
- ORD= <Item quantity in open POs for this supplier>
- QTY= __
- A prompt for entering the item quantity in this shipment.
- RECENTLY SCANNED
- If someone already scanned this item or if the item is found in more than one part of the shipment, a non-zero value will appear. You can enter a different quantity, or scan the next item to continue.
Note: If a scanned item is not found in the purchase orders for this supplier, this message will appear: NOT FOUND IN OPEN POs
If you see this message, set the item aside, and then investigate further after the RF PO receiving process is completed.
- Enter the item quantity that you received at the QTY= prompt.Note: When you enter an item quantity, Paladin Point of Sale will temporarily assign this quantity to open purchase orders. If the item is on more than one purchase order, the oldest purchase order will be filled first. Assignments can be edited later.
- For all items in the shipment, repeat steps 5 and 6.
- When all items have been scanned, turn off the RF unit.
Review and edit purchase order quantities and receive the items
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the P.O. module.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Mode/P.O. or press F5 to change to Mode/Receive.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Review RF Receiving or press F7.
- In the Find PO window, in PO Details pane, in the Supplier list, select the supplier. In the Matching Purchase Orders pane, purchase orders for the selected supplier will appear. These purchase orders have items that were scanned during the RF PO Receiving process.
This Purchase order value Means this PO # The purchase order number Vendor The supplier for the purchase order PO Date The date that the purchase order was created #Items The number of line items on the purchase order PO Cost The cost of the items when the purchase order was created Rec Cost The cost of the items when the purchase order is received
- In the Matching Purchase Orders pane, highlight a purchase order, and then click Open or press F12. An RF PO Receiving window appears with information for each purchase order item. The Cost and Scanned Qty columns are editable, and any changes will appear in the receiving history of the purchase order.
This PO item value Means this PartNumber The Paladin Point of Sale part number Description The item’s description Cost* The supplier cost of the item when it was ordered Ord Qty The item’s order quantity on this purchase order purchase order Prior Rec The number of items that were received previously Scanned Qty* The item quantity from the RF PO Receive process that Paladin Point of Sale assigned to this purchase order
Note: Paladin Point of Sale will assign scanned quantities to open purchase orders, starting with the oldest purchase order.
An item’s scanned quantity can be assigned to more than one purchase order.
*These values can be edited.
By default, all purchased items will be shown. To hide items, use one of the following options:
Select this checkbox To do this Hide Unreceived Hide all items that were not recently scanned in the Receive PO mode Hide Matches Hide all items that will be received in full when this purchase order is processed
- If you have questions about an item’s received quantity, in the RF PO Receiving window, click the item’s magnifying glass. A Receiving History window with a detailed history of received quantity changes will appear. This history includes the RF PO Receive quantities that were assigned by Paladin Point of Sale and manual changes made in RF PO Receiving window.
This Receiving History value Means this Date The date of the update Time The time of the update Employee The employee ID of the person who made the update
Note: If the RF Login feature is not turned on, then the ID of the employee who was signed into Paladin Point of Sale when the RF unit was activated will appear.
Term One of the following:
- The RF Unit ID for RF scan updates
- The terminal ID for manual updates by an employee
Source One of the following:
- RF_REC: Paladin Point of Sale assigned the quantity during the RF PO Receive process
- Manual: An employee manually set the quantity
Note: If a scanned quantity is changed during a purchase order review, the Source will change from RF_REC to Manual.
QTY Rcvd The updated quantity
- Optional: In the Receiving History window, to create a report, click Report.
- To close the window, click Done.
- To complete the purchase order and update stock on hand (SOH) quantities, in the RF PO Receiving window, click Receive or press F12.
- In the PO Freight Cost window, enter the freight cost (optional), and then click OK or press F8 to complete the purchase order process.
- Repeat the steps 4-11 for all purchase orders associated with the RF PO Receiving process.
What happens if I try to receive the purchase order in the normal way?
In the P.O. module, if you try to receive a purchase order that has RF-scanned items applied to it without using the Review RF Receiving feature, the following message will appear, and you will be redirected to the RF PO Receiving window.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.