Build date: 19-Jun-17
To support Jensen requirements and to address evolving security needs, Paladin Point of Sale is upgrading the Jensen EDI system and introducing two new features:
- You can set the update retail price methods for invoice and maintenance/price-change files separately, either in the Major EDI changes notification window or in Paladin Configuration. Previously, you could only set one retail price update method for all EDI files.
- You can both download and process EDI files inside Paladin Point of Sale.
Stores that use Jensen EDI will be automatically upgraded to this new system. After the upgrade, all Jensen EDI desktop icons will no longer work.
The Major EDI changes window and retail price update preferences
When your store is upgraded, in the Inventory module, when you click EDI or presses F9, a Major EDI changes window will appear for every employee with EDI access.
In the this window, retail price update preferences for EDI invoice files and maintenance/price-change files can be set one time by any employee who receives this message. These options determine how new EDI files prices will update current inventory item retail prices.
|This update retail price option||Means this|
|Yes||An item’s retail price is always updated to the new EDI file price.|
|No||An item’s retail price is never updated.|
|Only if Higher||An item’s retail price is updated when the new EDI file price is higher.|
|Rounding||An item’s retail price is always updated to the new EDI file price, and the item’s rounding scheme is used on the new price.|
|Rounding Only if Higher||An item’s retail price is updated when the new EDI file price is higher, and the item’s rounding scheme is used on the new price.|
After an employee sets these options and clicks OK or presses F8 to close the Major EDI changes window, no one else can change the settings in this window. Any additional changes to the update retail prices settings must be made in the Paladin Configuration window (see How to set the EDI retail price update method in Paladin Configuration below).
To stop the Major EDI Changes window from appearing, each employee with EDI privileges must enter their password separately.
To close this window and open the EDI Processing window, click OK or press F8.
Downloading and processing EDI files inside Paladin Point of Sale
When your system is updated, you will both download and process EDI files in Paladin Point of Sale from the EDI Processing window.To access the EDI Processing window, in the Inventory module, click EDI or press F9.
- If Jensen is the only EDI supplier, all files are automatically downloaded and processed.
- If the store has more than one EDI supplier, in the EDI Maintenance Processing window, select Jensen, and then click OK to download and process all files.
- Price Change
- Anything else
When EDI processing is completed, if the processed files were associated open purchase order files, the Find POs window will appear. Select the purchase orders to close, and then click Close POs, and you will automatically return to the EDIProcessing window.In the EDIProcessing window, click Reporting to review reports about the processed EDI files.
How to create reports in the EDI Reporting window
- Select a Start Date and End Date.
- Optional: In the third unlabeled list, select the record types (EDI file types) that you want to review.
- Click Get EDI Records.
- In the list of results, you can review reports in the following ways:
- Highlight a row, and then click the magnifying glass.
- Highlight a row, and then click Generate Report.
- Click Export to Excel to show the list of reports in Excel.
- This option only shows a history list of processed EDI files for the selected record type.
- It will not show updates made to inventory items when the files were processed.
- To create this report, you must have Microsoft Office 2007 or later.
How to set the EDI retail price update method in Paladin Configuration
- In the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Supplier tab.
- In Suppliers pane, in the text box above the Find button, enter this: Jensen
- Click Find.
- In the Update Retails pane, for both Invoice and Maintenance + Price Change files, select the method for updating current inventory item retail prices to new EDI file price.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.