On July 1, 2018, significant new internet data security standards will become mandatory. These new standards are called Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2. Paladin Data Corp and Vantiv have taken every step possible to address these new security requirements.
What you must do to ensure your store is ready for TLS 1.2
To ensure that your store is ready for this transition, you must verify that the Paladin Point of Sale version on every terminal in your store is 2.1806.1493.1 or greater. Due to the inherent vulnerability of older TLS standards, if a terminal is running an earlier Paladin Point of Sale version, your entire computer system will be affected.
How to verify and update (if necessary) your Paladin Point of Sale version to support TLS 1.2
Perform these steps on every terminal that runs Paladin Point of Sale.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the Help menu, click About.
- In About Paladin Point of Sale window, look for the third number in the Version
- If the third number is 1493 or greater, then the terminal is ready for TLS 1.2, and no further action is needed. For example, if the Version is 2.1806.1493.1, then the terminal is ready for TLS 1.2.
- IMPORTANT: If the third number is 1492 or smaller, continue to the next step.
- On the Help menu, click Check for Updates. If an update is available, a status bar will appear on the bottom left corner of Paladin Point of Sale. When the status bar disappears, restart Paladin Point of Sale and repeat step 3 to verify that the new version is 2.1806.1493.1 or greater.
- If the new version is not 2.1806.1493.1 or greater, create a case on the Paladin Help Portal (http://portal.paladinpos.com) with the title “Cannot update terminal to support TLS 1.2” and include the terminal name in your comments.