Build date: 2-Mar-18
Our customer project feature lets you organize and view invoices by project when a customer pays by credit card or charges a purchase to their account. During the checkout process you can assign a project and even add one on the fly. Later, you can filter a customer’s sales history by project in the Recent Sales History viewer or in the Transactions Report. Customer projects can also be created and managed in the Customers module.
With this update, we’ve enhanced our customer projects to include a short project description. You can add a description to new and existing projects in the Customers module and during checkout in the Invoice/Quote module.
How to add or edit a project name and description in the Invoice/Quote module
- In the Invoice/Quote module, select a Customer, add items to the invoice, and then click Checkout or press F8.
- Process the sale as a Charge or Credit Card
Note: For Credit Card purchases, the Enable Auth Signer for Credit Cards on File option must be selected on the Credit Card tab in Paladin Configuration to show projects at checkout.
- In the Invoice Information window, click Add Project or press F8.
- In the Add or Restore Projects window, you can edit existing projects or add new ones.
- When you are done, in the Requires manager password box, enter a manager’s credentials, click Finish, and then continue with the checkout process. Both the project name and its description will appear on the receipt.
How to add or edit a project name and description in the Customers module
- In the Customers module, select a customer.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Projects and Auth. Signers.
- In the Authorized Signers & Projects window, select Projects.
- You can edit existing projects or add new ones.
- When you are done, click Finish or press F12.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.