Build date: 6-Apr-16
If you are an Ace-Rewards store, we’ve already defined the customer types you need, see this special announcement just for you.
For everyone else, you can now define a list of customer types, and select a customer type for each customer account. The customer type list is defined in Paladin Configuration (Setup) and is set separately on each individual account. Steps for creating the list, and then assigning a customer type to a customer are provided below.
You can use this new feature to identify a specific set of customers. For example, you can create customer types with names, such as ‘government purchaser’ and ‘Farm Use’.
You can also use the default set of customer types that come with this feature. Unlike types you create, these default types cannot be changed or removed. The default types are:
- Non-profit Organization
- Other Business
- Property Management
- Religious Organization
- Retail Business
- Service Industry
- Store Use
Customer types only appear in the Customers module, and do not display with the customer name anywhere else in Paladin Point of Sale.
You must have Paladin Point of Sale database version 4.64 to use this feature. This database version will be installed in stores with the next general release, coming this month (June, 2016).
Coming soon: Reporting by customer type is in the works. Watch for a future feature announcement with details.
To create and manage the list of customer types, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Customer Type tab. The current list of customer types appears in the Types pane.
- To add a new customer type, click New. Then, in the Type box, enter the customer type name, and click Save.
- To remove a customer type, highlight the customer type in the list, and then click Remove
- If you made changes to the customer types, exit Paladin Point of Sale and then start it again before opening a customer account.
To add a customer type to a customer account, follow these steps:
- On the top ribbon, click Customers.
- Click the Electronic tab or press PgDn three times.
- In the Alternate Customer IDs pane, in the Customer Type list, select a customer type.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Save or press F12.