Build date: 28-Aug-15
You can now use your 2D scanner to automatically insert customer information into more places in Paladin Point of Sale.
You can scan a driver’s license to:
- Add a customer.
- Add customer information when an ID is required when you create an invoice.
- Add customer information for tax exemption.
- Add customer information to a special order.
- Sign up a customer for Ace Hardware rewards.
- Add customer information for NPLEx. Note: For more information about NPLEx requirements, see NPLEx ID (Build 8954).
When you see the 2D scan-ready icon , you can enter customer information by scanning their driver’s license. This saves you time and prevents human typing errors. When you require a customer to show a license, you also verify their identity.
The following pictures show how the 2D scan-ready icon appears in the Add Customer window and the Add Customer Info Required window (for tax exemption).
More information about 2D scanners
To learn more about or to purchase a 2D scanner, contact Paladin Customer Support.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.