Build date: 4-Feb-16
You can now create a purchase order from the Items Sold Report by selecting Create working Purchase Orders from this data? in your report settings (see steps below).
When you choose this option, purchase orders (POs) are created by supplier for the exact items and amounts that were sold during the time period you specified for the report.
To find the POs created by the Items Sold Report, look for POs with the name Items Sold – <supplier name> when you recall POs in the P.O. module (see steps below).
While replacing items as you sell them may be useful in some situations, this simple approach is not our recommended solution to manage your overall inventory purchases. Here are just a few reasons why:
- You might make more money if you wait. You may already have enough stock on hand to support sales over the next few weeks. Instead of immediately repurchasing sold items, you could use those dollars to buy other money-making items instead.
- Everything is seasonal. Carte-blanche ordering of sold items could have you restocking items that are in their seasonal decline. You may also need to order items that you didn’t sell recently to have stock on hand for items coming into season.
- To purchase effectively, you must analyze your sales over time.
To maximize the return on your inventory investment, you need to pay attention to how products have performed in your store over time. As customer wants and needs change, your sales will also change. Sales analysis is a time-intensive process that takes you away from helping customers and selling the products in your store. As a Paladin Point of Sale customer, you receive this analysis for free and can make your ordering easy and profitable with the Suggested Order report described below.
Advanced ordering with the Suggested Order Report
Paladin Point of Sale offers a solution that is based on an ongoing and current detailed analysis of each item’s sales history. When you accept the suggested order quantities in purchase orders and create orders based on the Suggested Order Report, you take advantage of Paladin’s advanced pattern-recognition technology that is designed to maximize your profits.
Like the Items Sold Report, you can create purchase orders from the Suggested Order Report by selecting Create working PO from this data? in the report settings.
The Suggested Order Report is found in the Reports module. For more information, see the following topics:
- How to create a Suggested Order report based on an item-by-item sales history
- How to create a working purchase order from the Suggested Order Report
Note: You may need to login with your Paladin credentials to see these Knowledge Base topics.
About the Items Sold Report
The Items Sold Report provides detailed inventory information for inventory items you’ve sold within a time period. Results can be filtered by supplier, department and other inventory values, and you can create purchase orders to replace the exact items and amounts shown in the report.
To create an Items Sold Report, follow these steps:
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click Reports
- In the Reports tab, in the Report Area pane, click Inventory, and then click History.
- In the Report List pane, click Items Sold Report.
- In the Choose Report pane, click F12 Next or press F12.
- In the Report Settings pane, choose the inventory data you would like to search.
- In the Additional Settings pane, you can select these options:
- To view the report results in an Excel spreadsheet, click the Export to Excel? checkbox to select it.
- If you want to create purchase orders by supplier based on the item sales in the report results, click Create working Purchase Orders from this data? checkbox to select it. When you do this, purchase orders named items Sold <supplier name> will appear in the O. module to replace the exact quantities of the sold items listed in the Sold Items Report.
- Click F12 Run Report.
To find purchase orders that were created by the Sold Items Report, follow these steps:
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the O. module.
- On the bottom ribbon, make sure the O. Mode is selected. If you are in the Receive Mode, click Mode or press F5 to switch to the P.O. Mode.a
- On the bottom ribbon, click Recall P.O.
- Look for purchase orders by supplier with the name items Sold <supplier name> that were created on the day you ran the Items Sold Report.
- To view a purchase order in the list, highlight the purchase order, and then click Recall or press F12.
- If you want to complete the pending purchase order to buy the items, verify the purchase order content, and then, on the bottom ribbon, click Confirm P.O. or press F8.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Buy or press F1.
- In the O. Number window, enter a number for the purchase order or click Next to accept a default number.
- To print the purchase order, select a print option.
- Click Done.