Build: 2_627, 9976.97
Build date: 24-Mar-17
Important Wallace Hardware EDI enhancements
This feature is only for stores that use Wallace Hardware EDI.
The Wallace Hardware EDI system is introducing two new features:
- You can both download and process EDI files inside Paladin Point of Sale.
- You can set the update retail price method separately for invoice and maintenance/price-change files.
These features are described below.
Feature: Download and process EDI files inside Paladin Point of Sale
Paladin Point of Sale is upgrading its Wallace EDI system. All stores that use Wallace EDI will automatically transition to the new system, and the desktop icons currently used to download EDI files will no longer work. Instead, you will both download and process EDI files in Paladin Point of Sale from the EDI Processing window.
How it works
To access the EDI Processing window, in the Inventory module, click EDI or press F9.
When your store is upgraded to the new system, before the EDI Processing window opens, each employee with access to EDI features will see the following message: Major changes for EDI Processing (see the picture below). To no longer see the message, each employee can enter her/his password in the Enter your password to disable this message in the future box, and then click OK.
Note: If you don’t see this message by the end of June, 2017, contact Paladin Point of Sale Customer Support (1-800-725-2346, option 2 or email@example.com).
To download and process Wallace EDI files, in the EDI Processing window, click Download Files.
- If Wallace is the only EDI supplier, all files are automatically downloaded and processed.
- If the store has more than one EDI supplier, in the EDI Maintenance Processing window, select Wallace, and then click OK to download and process all files.
The files are processed in this order:
- Price Change
- Anything else
When EDI processing is completed, click Reporting to review reports about the processed EDI files.
To create reports in the EDI Reporting window, follow these steps:
- Select a Start Date and End Date.
- Optional: In the third unlabeled list, select the record types (EDI file types) that you want to review.
- Click Get EDI Records.
- In the list of results, you can review reports in the following ways:
- Highlight a row, and then click the magnifying glass
- Highlight a row, and then click Generate Report.
- Click Export to Excel to show the list of reports in Excel.
Feature: Set a retail price update method for invoice and maintenance/price-change files separately.
This feature is available in your store now.
You can set different retail price update methods for EDI invoice files and maintenance/price-change files. Previously, you could only set one retail price update method for all EDI files.
The selected methods for both file types default to the previous setting for all EDI files. For example, if you previously selected Yes to allow all EDI files to update retail prices, then Yes will be selected as the method for both Invoice and Maintenance + Price Change files. You can change these settings.
How it works
To change the EDI retail price update method for Invoice and Maintenance + Price Change files, follow these steps:
- In the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Supplier
- In Suppliers pane, in the text box above the Find button, enter this: Wallace
- Click Find.
- In the Update Retails pane, for both Invoice and Maintenance + Price Change files, select the method for updating current inventory item retail prices to new EDI file prices:
- Yes: An item’s retail price is always updated to the new EDI file price.
- No: An item’s retail price is never updated.
- Only if Higher: An item’s retail price is updated when the new EDI file price is higher.
- Rounding: An item’s retail price is always updated to the new EDI file price, and the item’s rounding scheme is used on the new price.
- Rounding Only if Higher: An item’s retail price is updated when the new EDI file price is higher, and the item’s rounding scheme is used on the new price.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.