Build date: 9-Jun-17 Case 82223
This feature is only for stores that use Do It Best EDI.
To support Do It Best requirements and to address evolving security needs, Paladin Point of Sale is upgrading the Do It Best EDI system and introducing two new features:
- You can both download and process EDI files inside Paladin Point of Sale.
- You can set the update retail price method separately for invoice and maintenance/price-change files.
Stores that use Do It Best EDI will be automatically upgraded to this new system.
If your store was not automatically upgraded, in the Inventory module, when you click EDI or press F9, the following message window will appear. If this happens, you must contact Paladin Support to set up the new Do It Best EDI system in your store before you can process EDI files.
Feature: Download and process EDI files inside Paladin Point of Sale
When your system is updated, you will both download and process EDI files in Paladin Point of Sale from the EDI Processing window.
How it works
To access the EDI Processing window, in the Inventory module, click EDI or press F9.
- If Do It Best is the only EDI supplier, all files are automatically downloaded and processed.
- If the store has more than one EDI supplier, in the EDI Maintenance Processing window, select Do It Best, and then click OK to download and process all files.
The files are processed in this order:
- Price Change
- Anything else
When EDI processing is completed, click Reporting to review reports about the processed EDI files.
To create reports in the EDI Reporting window, follow these steps:
- Select a Start Date and End Date.
- Optional: In the third unlabeled list, select the record types (EDI file types) that you want to review.
- Click Get EDI Records.
- In the list of results, you can review reports in the following ways:
- Highlight a row, and then click the magnifying glass.
- Highlight a row, and then click Generate Report.
- Click Export to Excel to show the list of reports in Excel.
Feature: Set a retail price update method for invoice and maintenance/price-change files separately.
You can set different retail price update methods for EDI invoice files and maintenance/price-change files. Previously, you could only set one retail price update method for all EDI files.
The selected methods for both file types default to the previous setting for all EDI files. For example, if you previously selected Yes to allow all EDI files to update retail prices, then Yes will be selected as the method for both Invoice and Maintenance + Price Change files. You can change these settings.
How it works
To change the EDI retail price update method for Invoice and Maintenance + Price Change files, follow these steps:
- In the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Supplier
- In Suppliers pane, in the text box above the Find button, enter this: Do It Best
- Click Find.
- In the Update Retails pane, for both Invoice and Maintenance + Price Change files, select the method for updating current inventory item retail prices to new EDI file prices:
- Yes: An item’s retail price is always updated to the new EDI file price.
- No: An item’s retail price is never updated.
- Only if Higher: An item’s retail price is updated when the new EDI file price is higher.
- Rounding: An item’s retail price is always updated to the new EDI file price, and the item’s rounding scheme is used on the new price.
- Rounding Only if Higher: An item’s retail price is updated when the new EDI file price is higher, and the item’s rounding scheme is used on the new price.
- Click Save, and then click Close.