This feature is only available to stores that use EDI and applies to all EDI suppliers except Do It Best.
When an item has a supplier ratio that is set and locked, a new (optional) EDI processing feature will do the following for items bought in pack quantities:
- Set Pricing Level 1 to the individual item quantity and price.
- Set Pricing Level 2 to the pack quantity and price.
Given these conditions:
- This new feature is turned on.
- You buy wire from an EDI supplier by the spool (100 feet) and sell it by the foot.
- The Supplier Ratio for the wire inventory item is 1/100 or 0.01 and is set and locked.
- In the EDI file, the price per spool is $50.00, and the price per foot is $1.00.
EDI processing will set these values:
Pricing Level 1
- Quantity: 1
- Price: $1.00
Pricing Level 2
- Quantity: 100
- Price: $50.00
How to turn on this feature
To turn on this feature, you must contact Paladin Support (1-800-725-2346, option 2 or email@example.com).
To determine if this feature in turned on in your store, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- In the Paladin Configuration window, click the Company tab.
- In the EDI pane, if the Manage Pack Prices for Custom Supplier Ratio Items check box is selected, this feature is turned on.
Note: This text and checkbox will appear in light gray text. To update this or other EDI settings, contact Paladin Support (1-800-725-2346, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click Close to exit the Paladin Configuration window.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.