Winter 2019-2020 General Release
Our Winter 2019-2020 Release is now rolling out and it has an array of new features and integrations will put your data to work and help you unlock your business potential.
One is our latest feature, Chat Support, that puts help where you need it most – directly in the Paladin software. Instead of moving to a separate program to get to a support website, or placing a call to a technician, we give you answers with a couple of clicks of a mouse or keyboard.
To start a chat session with Paladin support, simply select the Help tab at the top of the screen, click on Chat Support in the drop-down menu, and type in a brief description of how we can help you. Chat Support offers you instant assistance and answers to simple questions and gives you an avenue to open a support case if the items require follow-up. Learn more.
Other new features include:
- Order Analyst™ – Our powerful Market Driven Inventory Management system gets even stronger with the addition House-Hasson Hardware, one of America’s largest regional wholesalers. Automate ordering and save money by finding the lowest-cost suppliers for your inventory items.
- BOGOs – Buy One, Get One discounts are hands-down the most popular sales promotions in the retail industry. Our BOGO feature lets you design and customize your own BOGO sales.
- Serialization – This new feature enables the tracking of sales and warranty information for any product with a serial number.
- Sell by Weight – New Paladin hardware integrations let you price items by weight at checkout. The Cardinal Detecto APS30 digital scale makes selling bulk items fast and accurate. The Magellan 9800i Scanner Scale combines the precision of a high-performance barcode scanner and the accuracy of a digital scale. This rugged all-in-one scanner scale captures product barcodes, rewards cards, IDs and coupons – both digital and print. Both scales are fully integrated with Paladin and make it easy to sell bulk products by weight, such as nuts, bolts, flour, fruit, seed and feed.
- Automated Ace pricing plans – This convenient feature automatically creates pricing plans for Ace sales during EDI processing. The default option can be adjusted to allow manual creation of custom pricing plans.
- Statement emails include charges itemized by project – Email statements will now automatically include an Excel spreadsheet that shows charges by project.
- Comparative Revenue reports for department groups – Choose how to group departments and the Comparative Revenue report (Excel version) will automatically create individual worksheets for those specified groups.
- Auto-print yard orders – This new option automatically prints yard orders for items that have a yard order location. If the auto-print option is not selected, the cashier will be prompted to print the yard order when the transaction is complete. Yard orders must be printed at the time of purchase.
- New Inventory Items Report – Track the new items that were added to your inventory with the New Inventory Items report. Find it in the Reports module, in the Inventory > History section.
- New Ace Order Management System (OMS) – Ace updated requirements for its Order Management System (OMS) that could affect EDI ordering. Our Winter 2019-2020 Release fully supports the new system and does not require any changes to your ordering process, but we ask that you be on the lookout for irregularities.
Along with our new Paladin features, we embrace using specialized software for your business and understand that managing information between multiple systems can be tedious and time-consuming. That’s why we’re constantly developing integrations with third-party software and services to reduce manual tasks and put your data to work.
Below are some of our latest integrations:
- Pointy levels the online playing field with big-box stores and online giants by featuring your products and pricing within Google searches. It puts your products in front of more local shoppers improving your online presence and sales performance.
- Sage accounting streamlines your bookkeeping practices no matter what size business you have. This integration with Paladin allows you to easily to manage accounting and accounts payable.
- Point of Rental allows you to easily set up, manage and track rental maintenance, inventory and much more. This will increase business by turning your store into a rental destination.