This feature provides stock on hand information for your True Value Retail Distribution Center (RDC).
Note: Stock balances are updated in Paladin during EDI processing when you process the RDC Balance file with a defined RDC location ID (details below).
This article contains these three procedures:
- How to sort your purchase order by RDC availability
- How to get stock on hand for any True Value inventory item
- How to update your RDC data for EDI processing
How to sort your purchase order by RDC availability
- In the PO module, click Recall PO or press F6.
- Highlight a True Value PO, and then before you recall (open) the PO, select the Supplier Stock Check checkbox.
- When you click Recall or press F12, the purchase order is sorted into these categories based on RDC availability:
- SUPPLIER OUT OF STOCK: Shows PO items that are not in stock at the RDC.
- PARTIAL STOCK AVAILABLE: Shows PO items that are in stock at the RDC, but not enough to cover your current order quantity.
- STOCK AVAILABLE: Shows PO items that are in stock at the RDC for your order quantity.
- To view the RDC stock on hand for any item on the purchase order, select the item, and then click Stock Check or press F7.
Note: The True Value remote stock check shows the location and date of the data in the Description. RDC SOH and OnOrd (on order) data are provided.
Tip If your PO is lengthy, you can search for categories using the binoculars icon in the upper-right of the PO window. Enter the search term “stock”.
How to get real-time quantity on hand for any True Value inventory item
- In the Inventory module, open the True Value item.
- On the bottom ribbon, click Stock Check or press F7.
- The current True Value QOH will appear in the Remote Stock Check window.
Note: Only the SOH column is filled in for True Value RDCs.
How to set your RDC location for EDI processing
The True Value RDC stock on hand is updated during EDI processing when you select the RDC Balances file and a specified RDC location is defined. To define the RDC location ID, do this:
- In the Inventory module, click EDI or press F7.
- Click Download files.
- If prompted to choose a supplier, select True Value.
- In the Process True Value Downloads window, click Advanced.
- In the RDC Balances row, enter the RDC location ID.
- Click Save, and then click OK.
- To continue with EDI processing, click Process. Otherwise, you can close the Process True Value Downloads window and the RDC location ID will be saved for future EDI processing.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.