When you checkout a customer who has a store credit balance, a message with the credit balance amount appears on the Checkout tab. If you see this message, you can offer to apply the credit balance to the customer’s purchase.
About store credits
A store credit represents money that a customer can spend in your store. The credit can be from a returned item, over payment of an account, or a deposit on a special order. A customer does not need credit (charge) privileges for your store to have a store credit.
How to apply a customer’s store credit balance to a purchase
To apply all or part of a store credit balance to a customer’s purchase during checkout:
- When you are ready to accept payment for the purchase in the Invoice/Quote module on the Checkout tab, look for a message with the available credit balance for that customer.
- On the bottom ribbon of the module, click Charge.
- The store credit balance (up to the purchase amount) appears as a Charge payment. You can adjust the amount of store credit to use by entering a different value. When you are done, press Enter to apply the store credit amount.
- Set up any additional method(s) of payment and then process the payments.
- When the Invoice Information window appears, follow your store’s policy regarding the Memo or PO Number and Authorized signers fields, and then complete the purchase.
To turn off the store credit balance message
The store credit balance message appears by default. If you don’t want this message to appear:
- In Paladin, from the main menu, select File > Setup.
- Select the Receivables tab.
- In the Receivable Settings pane, check Disable Credit Balance Checkout Message.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.