The Received Items Report (Excel spreadsheet) now includes the following information for received items in your purchase order list:
- The retail price, that existed when you created the report, displays in the Current Retail column.
- The retail margin calculated from your purchase order cost and the retail price, that existed when you created the report, displays in the PO Margin column.
You can create the Received Items Report for a selected purchase order in the P.O. module, in Receiving Mode, when you click Find PO or press F6 (see steps below).
Tip – Let replacement costs inform your business strategy
When you look at margins, don’t forget the replacement cost. While the margin based on what you paid the supplier originally, and your retail price may be good, the margin based on the replacement cost may be less.
For example, if you bought a product from a supplier for $10 and sell it for $20, your margin is 50%. However, if the cost of the product has increased to $12 when it’s time to replace it, you’re margin based on the replacement cost is now 40%.
Depending on your business investment strategy, if the replacement cost margin is lower, you may decide to increase the retail price so you have enough money to replace future items.
How to create a Received Items Report
To create a Received Items Report, follow these steps:
- In Paladin, on the top ribbon, select the PO module.
- On the bottom ribbon of the module, click Mode PO or press F5 to switch to Receive mode.
- On the bottom ribbon of the module, click Find PO.
- In the Matching Purchase Orders pane, select the purchase order to use for the report.
- In the PO Details pane, highlight the purchase order.
At the bottom of the Find PO window, click Rcvd Items Report to view an Excel spreadsheet with received item details.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.