All part numbers that are assigned to a specific location will appear in the Paladin Configuration window, on the Loc tab, in a new part number viewer. You can also use this viewer to selectively remove (disconnect) active inventory part numbers assigned to a location.
This is especially useful when you want to delete a location that is referenced by active inventory items. With the new viewer, you can quickly look at these items, remove them, and then delete the location without leaving the Loc tab. When you remove an item, two things occur:
- The item’s location is set to the default value 0-None.
- The location is also removed from any deleted (non-active) inventory items. This additional clean-up prevents deleted items from pointing to a non-existent location if they are returned to active inventory.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Loc tab.
- In the Locations pane, in the location ID and Name list, highlight the location you want to view. The part numbers for all the active inventory items in the location appear in the Part number
- Optional: To remove (disconnect) a part number (inventory item) from the selected location, highlight the part number, and then click Remove. Repeat this step for all of the part numbers that you want to remove.
- Optional: If you want to delete the location after you have removed all its items, with the location still highlighted, below the list of locations, click Remove.
- When you are finished, click Close.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.