This article includes two procedures that must be followed in this order:
- How to use the RF terminal to import a sale list
- How to assign the sale to a pricing plan and activate the sale
How to use the RF terminal to import a sale list
- On the RF terminal, select option number ‘3’ Working PO, and then scan the sale items.
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
- On the top ribbon, click the PO module.
- Open the RF Terminal purchase order.
- To change the name of the PO, select the purchase order, and then save it as Sale List or another new name.
- Delete the previous RF Terminal purchase order.
- On the Maintain menu, click Data Viewer.
- In the Paladin POS Data Viewer, click the Purchase Orders tab.
- In the Type list, select Stored PO’s, and then click the Sale List that you just created.
- Click Export Inventory. The exported list should open in Microsoft Excel.
- In the Excel worksheet, save the following columns:
- Column A: PARTNUMBER
- Column V: UNITCOST
- Column W: MKTCOST
- Column X: PLVL_PRICE1
- Select one of the following columns to create a new sale price:
|To calculate this type of cost||Select this Excel column|
- Create a new column, and then name it SALEPRICE.
- The SALE PRICE column can only contain a numeric value and cannot include formulas. Highlight the column data, press Ctrl+C, right-click to select Paste Value Only, insert a new column, and then press Ctrl+V to paste the data into the new column.
- Optional: To use the pricing plan to calculate a price percentage using the retail price or cost in the Inventory module, set all of the prices to 0 (zero).
- If you enter a zero in a cell in the new SALEPRICE column, Paladin Point of Sale will not recognize a sale report as a promotion, so it will not appear in a Promotion report.
- Delete all but the following columns:
The worksheet should look similar to this one:
- Save the Excel worksheet as a text (.txt) file.
- In Paladin Point of Sale, click the File menu, and then click Setup.
- In the Paladin Configuration window, click the Sale List
- In the Sales pane, click New.
- In the Name box, enter a sale name.
- In the ID box, enter a sale ID number.
- Click Import.
- In the File name box, navigate to the Sale List file that you created, and then click OK. The sale list should appear in the Sale Items box.
How to assign the sale to a pricing plan and activate the sale
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- In the Paladin Configuration window, click the Pricing Plan
- In the Pricing Plan pane, click New.
- In the Name pane, enter a pricing plan name.
- Select one of the following check boxes:
- Apply to all transactions
- Limit to Rewards
- Respect min margin
- Note: To limit the sale to certain customers, do not select any of the checkboxes.
- In the Sale List Range Start box, enter the Sale List ID number that you just created.
- In the Sale List Range End box, enter the Sale List ID number that you just created.
- In the Date Range Start box, enter a starting date for the sale.
- In the Date Range End box, enter an ending date for the sale.
- If the sale is at a fixed sale price, your sale is completed.
- If you retained your regular retail price or set the price to zero, add a percentage markup or percentage discount on either the cost price or retail price, then set a percentage amount.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.