The Footage Calculator calculates the line item quantity in feet for one or more pieces of different lengths. Use this calculator for items that you sell by the foot, such as wire and metal roofing. The calculator is available in the Invoice/Quote and PO modules.
- Open the calculator:
From the Invoice/Quote module:
- Right-click the line item, and then select Footage Calculator.
- Highlight the invoice item, and then press Ctrl+K.
- Highlight the invoice item, and then on the Edit menu, click Footage Calculator.
From the PO module:
- Highlight the line item, and then press Ctrl+K.
- Highlight the line item, and then on the Edit menu, click Footage Calculator
- In the Footage Calculator window, enter the length and number of pieces for each different dimension. Then, click Done.
- The line item Quantity is set to the total length of all the pieces. A footage summary of values you entered will appear as a note line item.
Note: If you need to edit the dimensions or piece quantities, open the Footage Calculator again to make your changes. The line item Quantity will be automatically recalculated.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.