You can assign customer types to your customer accounts. Paladin provides a default set of customer types, or you can define your own using the following procedure.
Note for Ace Hardware stores: You must accept the default types, because you cannot create user-defined types or hide the default types. Customer types will be uploaded with your nightly Ace upload data.
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- In the Paladin Configuration window, click the Customer Type tab. The current list of customer types will appear in the Types pane.
- To add a new customer type, click New. Then, in the Type box, enter the customer type name, and then click Save.
- To remove a user-defined customer type, highlight the customer type in the list, and then click Remove. Default customer types cannot be removed.
- To show only customers types that you created in Paladin when you select a customer type for a customer (Customers module) or in reports, select Hide default types from dropdowns. (Not available for Ace Hardware stores.) This feature requires release 2021-D or build 4495.
- Click Close to close the window.
- Restart Paladin.
About customer types
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.