With a rounding scheme, you can round up prices set by EDI or a reference margin calculation to a common set of prices or price endings, such as .49 and .99. To do this, you define a rounding scheme with rounding price points. Each original price is rounded up to the next largest rounding price point. For prices that are greater than the largest rounding point, additional points are automatically calculated, based on the difference between the two largest rounding points.
These price points will be applied only during EDI processing when EDI updates the price of an inventory item–because new stock on hand was received, the supplier changed the price, the retail cost changed, or all of these conditions affected the price.
Note: You can also apply price points to an item when you manually receive a purchase order, as long as you set a reference margin first. Learn more: How to set up the reference margin feature for a manual purchase order
Example of a rounding scheme: If you want prices under $5 to end in either .49, .79, .99, and prices greater than $5 to end in .99, you would specify these rounding points.
|Rounding points||Rounding for prices under $5||Rounding for prices between $5 and $5.99||Rounding for prices of $6.00 or more|
|.49, .79, .99,
1.49, 1.79, 1.99,
2.49, 2.79, 2.99,
3.49, 3.79, 3.99,
4.49, 4.79, 4.99,
Prices round up to the next largest rounding point.
$0.37 rounds up to $0.49
$1.05 rounds up to $1.49
$3.50 rounds up to $3.79
Prices between $5.00 and $5.99 round up to the next largest pricing point of $5.99.
$5.43 rounds up to $5.99
For prices of $6.00 and more, additional rounding points are calculated based on the interval between the last two rounding points—4.99 and 5.99. In this case, the difference is $1, so additional rounding points are created in $1 increments: $6.99, $7.99, $8.99, and so on.
$6.03 rounds up to $6.99
$10.44 rounds up to $10.99
- On the File menu, click Setup.
- Click the Rounding tab.
- In the Rounding pane, in the Scheme Name box, enter the name for the scheme.
- Click Add. The name of the scheme will be added to the rounding list.
- In the list of rounding schemes, highlight your new scheme name.
- In the blank unnamed box on the right above the Add button, enter the first rounding point, and then click Add. The rounding point will appear in the rounding point list.
- For each rounding point that you want to enter, repeat the previous step.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
To update the prices in the rounding scheme, the item must be set up to be received through a manual purchase order or through EDI processing.
- How to set up the reference margin feature for a manual purchase order
- To set up price updates through rounding points when EDI is received, contact Paladin Support.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.