You can merge duplicate inventory items into a one inventory item with the inventory merge feature.
Multi-store notice: Do not merge items in a remote store. To merge items at a multi-store location, you must perform the merge procedure from a Paladin terminal at that location. For example, if you are signing in to a Paladin terminal at Store A, do not change the store to Store B and try merge items in Store B because the stock on hand will not update correctly.
Duplicate inventory items can exist in Paladin Point of Sale for many reasons. Here are some possible scenarios:
- A product that was purchased from a supplemental vendor has a part number that is different from the part number in Paladin Point of Sale. Because the part number is new, a duplicate inventory item is created. This can happen automatically during EDI processing if you purchased the product electronically.
- A supplier discontinued a product and replaced it with the same product, but with a different part number. As a result, a duplicate inventory item is created.
- An employee created a second inventory item for a product by using a different part number.
The inventory merge lets you search for and merge duplicate items into a single item.
To merge items, you choose a primary inventory item, and then search for and select duplicate items. After the merge, the primary item remains, and the designated duplicate items are deleted.
Only the following information from the duplicate items is merged into the primary item. If you want to keep duplicate item information that is not merged, you must add it to the primary item before you start the merge.
- Part number and alternate part numbers. After the merge, the primary item’s alternate part number list will include the duplicate item’s main and alternate part numbers.
Example: If a duplicate item part number is 12345 and its alternate part number is 67890, both of these item numbers are included in the primary account’s alternate item list after the merge.
- Stock on hand (SOH). After the merge, the primary item SOH will be the sum of the primary item’s SOH number and the duplicate item SOH numbers.Example: If the original primary item SOH is 10 and the duplicate item SOH is 5, the merged item SOH will be 15.
- Sales history. After the merge, the primary item sales information will include the sales information from all the duplicate inventory items.
- Purchase orders. After the merge, the primary item will be connected to any open duplicate item purchase orders. The purchase order content does not change and will still show the duplicate item part number. When you receive the purchase order, the items will be added to the primary item.
- Suppliers. After the merge, duplicate item suppliers are included in the primary item supplier list.
- An inventory item merge cannot be undone.
- Back up your database before you merge any inventory items.
- Perform this task when you store is closed while no other changes are being made in Paladin Point of Sale.
- If you are a multi-store location, only merge items in the store where you are currently located. Do not try to merge items in a remote store because the merge will not work correctly.
How to merge duplicate inventory:
- Open Paladin Point of Sale.
For multi-stores: Only merge items at your current location. Do not use a Paladin terminal to sign in to a remote location. Although the merge may appear to work, the SOH is not updated correctly.
- Sign in with an account that has Admin access.
- On the top ribbon, click Inventory.
- Search for and display the inventory item that will be the primary item.
- With the primary item displayed, press Ctrl+M to display an Inventory Merge window. If prompted, enter your admin password.
- In the Inventory Merge window, use the search options to find duplicate items.
- In the search results, for every item you want to merge, click the Select checkbox to select it. Then click Merge.Note: If the primary item appears in the search results, do not select it.
- In the Database Merge window, if you are certain that you have a backup of your Paladin Point of Sale database, click Yes. A database backup is required backup because an inventory merge cannot be undone. If you are unsure if your database is backed up, click No to stop the inventory merge process.
- For each item that you want to merge, a message window tells you if the merge is successful. Click OK in each window.
Note: If the primary item appears in the search results, and you select it, following message appears. There is no other action you need to take and other selected items can still be merged. Click OK to proceed with the merge.
If you have questions or suggestions about this information, contact email@example.com.